IT Operations Manager (9108)
IT Operations Manager
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. We are currently recruiting an experienced IT Operations Manager to lead the planning, delivery and support of our systems in line with the RNLI’s business objectives and Technology Vision. The role will report to the RNLI’s Head of IT, working across multiple senior stakeholders to develop our people, processes and systems. We aim to enable and inspire all in the RNLI that use Information Technology systems. It is essential to keep our mission-critical systems online and effective, thereby directly supporting our lifesaving teams.
This is an important role for us, it will:
- Coordinate and actively participate with Technology colleagues and groups across the RNLI to support delivery of the Technology Vision for the organisation; ensuring that the new and current programmes of work form a strong and stable platform for the longer term future.
- Understand what matters most to our colleagues, any existing technical risk to be addressed, emerging technology trends to be leveraged and Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Creating the support services strategy and roadmap for the future (ensuring alignment to strategic and tactical RNLI business objectives) and leading on its execution.
- Lead IT support services including IT Helpdesk, Data Centre Services (Server support and hosting), Desktop, Network and Telecommunications and over-arching Service Management aspects to ensure agreed expectations are met and that value for money is always evident.
- Manage related partners, service contracts and budgets, ensuring the effective use of resources to deliver a high performing service that enables more efficient and effective business outcomes.
- Deliver a cutting-edge, first class IT support experience to a distributed and extremely diverse user base that our staff and volunteers can rely on. It will anticipate and manage need proactively, and respond with an appropriate sense of urgency and quality of output.
The ideal candidate will expect the best, know what this looks like, then inspire, support and challenge their team to achieve it. They will have broad experience across the Information Technology Landscape in various environments including Engineering, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Procurement and Logistics practices in a predominantly Microsoft environment and be able to adapt styles effectively between technical and non-technical interactions.
We are moving forward. If you too are results focused, passionate about delivering great outcomes in a complex and progressive technology environment with multiple stakeholders, to support the saving of lives, then please apply.
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards our goals of halving drowning in the UK and Ireland by 2024. This involves a growing commitment to preventative action, using our expertise to work in partnership with communities locally, nationally and internationally to prevent drowning.